- 300th Anniversary Concert - May 27, 2013
- Old-Time Baseball Game and Clinic - May 26, 2013
- Clock and Time Capsule Dedications - Saturday, May 25, 2013
- Patriots' Day Parade - April 14, 2013
- Incorporation Day Town-wide Bell Ringing March 31, 2013
- LexCelebrate! Incorporation Weekend - March 16-17, 2013>
- Musical Fashion Revue - October 27, 2012>
- Opening Day Events - September 22, 2012>
- Official Supporting and Coordinating Events>
- Lexington Memories
- Lexington Memories
- About Essay/Memory
- Essay Submission Form
- Submit Your Images
- The Lexington 300th Photo/Art Collection
- The Lexington 300th Essay Collection
- The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library
- Time Capsule>
- The Lexington 300th Video Collection
- How Long Have You Lived in Lexington?
- How Long I/We Have Lived in Lexington
- In the News
- Committee News
- Featured Authors
- Contact Us
A message from the Co-Chairs
What a night on Saturday! Thank you for coming and enjoy the Dance around the World! Everyone seemed to be
happy! We heard a lot of cheering and applause from the audience and the gym was packed. The performances were amazing, participatory dances were fun and the fusion dance was touching! The LHS students also did a fantastic job at the DJ party. For the entire time, the audience was engaged and enthusiastic. The cultural booths area were full of fun activities and the food was great. Everywhere was beautifully decorated.
We would like to thank Capstone Mortgage for their generous sponsorship of 10,000 dollars for this event!
Thank more than 100 dance dancers, cultural booth demonstrators and food vendors for doing a great job showcasing their cultures!
Thank more than 100 volunteers for donating their time, energy to celebrate the 300th birthday of Lexington!
Thank the event team who helped us pull all this together: Sandy Chew, Neerja Bajaj, Sumana Rao, Faith Lin and Shoba Reginald, Wenjie Cheng, May Zhuang, Sanjay Padaki, Tanaya Morrisett, Judy Cai, Carmen Ledonne, Jessie Shi.
Thank the Boston Globe, the Minuteman Newspaper and Colonial Times for reporting our event. Thank the wonderful 300th PR team for the beautiful design of flyer and program, for helping us get the words on the 300th website, newspapers, list serves and Facebook/Twitter. Thanks LexMedia for the interview and coverage of the event.
Thank the 300th Celebration Committee and LexCelebrate Incorporation Weekend team for their
Thank the department of public facilities and custodians of Lexington High School.
Thank the Fire and Police Department of the Town of Lexington.
Thank the Chinese American Association of Lexington (CAAL) and Indian Association Lexington (IAL) for the
Thank the Estabrook Elementary School for lending their impressive collection of international flags.
Thank the beautiful posters from our community decorating the Gym.
We got to know and made so many friends through this process. We felt that the event accomplished its
mission by bringing the community together both on stage and off stage.
Thank you, Lexington!
300th Dance Around the World Co-chairs
Geetha Padaki and Melanie Lin