- 300th Anniversary Concert - May 27, 2013
- Old-Time Baseball Game and Clinic - May 26, 2013
- Clock and Time Capsule Dedications - Saturday, May 25, 2013
- Patriots' Day Parade - April 14, 2013
- Incorporation Day Town-wide Bell Ringing March 31, 2013
- LexCelebrate! Incorporation Weekend - March 16-17, 2013>
- 300th Dance Around the World - March 16, 2013>
- Mass Memories Road Show - March 16, 2013>
- Musical Fashion Revue - October 27, 2012>
- Opening Events - September 22, 2012>
- 2012 Coordinating Events
- 2012 Committee Directory
- Lexington Memories
- Lexington Memories
- About Essay/Memory
- Essay Submission Form
- Submit Your Images
- The Lexington 300th Photo/Art Collection
- The Lexington 300th Essay Collection
- All Town Photo
- The Edwin B. Worthen Collection, Cary Memorial Library
- Time Capsule>
- The Lexington 300th Video Collection
- How Long Have You Lived in Lexington?
- How Long I/We Have Lived in Lexington
- In the News
- Committee News
- Featured Authors
- Contact Us
- 300th Anniversary Concert - Thank you
Calling all cooks: Are you an up and coming chef? Do you like to experiment in the kitchen? If so, this is your calling! To celebrate the 300th anniversary of Lexington, Lexington’s Country Fair will be holding a Blue Ribbon cooking contest on Saturday, September 22nd, at Hastings Park. Children and adults are invited to participate. Food categories include Family Favorite Corn Dish, Quick Breads, and Jams and Jellies. You can enter a homemade jam or jelly, family corn dish, or quick bread in the food contest.
Cooking not your thing? Test your green thumb by competing for the widest sunflower head, tastiest tomato, or oddest vegetable in the garden contest.
If you are 17 and under, you are also eligible for the special youth categories. You can enter chocolate chip cookies, a container garden and more. Do you cook, bake or grow plants? This is your time to shine!
Make plans to come celebrate Lexington’s agricultural and food heritage - and do it soon, the registration deadline is September 14, 2012.
In addition to downloading the Blue Ribbon Contest forms and requirements from the link above, you can obtain entry forms and make payment at the Town Clerk’s office, 1625 Massachusetts, Ave., Lexington, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information, contact the Blue Ribbon Contest Committee. There is a $5 fee per entry to help cover fair costs.
So grab your chef hat or your wide-brimmed garden hat, or both, and we'll see you at the Fair!
FOOD ENTRY CATEGORIES
Organized by Cristina Burwell and Becky Sue Epstein
• Children’s Special Category - Chocolate Chip Cookies
• Family Favorite Corn Dish
GARDEN ENTRY CATEGORIES
Organized by The Lexington Community Farm Coalition
• Children’s Special Category - Container Garden
• Widest Sunflower Head
• Tastiest Tomato
• Oddest Vegetable&